Tiny mini worm
The world's first RCX
auto-propagating program !
Of course, it is a benign one. The program will cause no
harm. It is the result of a study about the feasibility of a self-reproducing
program on the RCX. Tiny_mini_worm.srec has
been generated with Ultimate
ROBOLAB and works like the following:
- Since all Ultimate ROBOLAB programs are stand-alone
firmwares, the program must be downloaded to the RCX with an RCX firmware
- Immediately after download the new firmware starts with
- all the RCX buttons are disabled
- wait a while, then check, if another RCX (or a
tower) is sending on the IR-channel
- if the IR-channel is free, start uploading the
firmware itself to any RCX in view - after old fimware delete. (Short
distance - so 10-20cm)
- don't react on other RCXs' replies, but wait
between packages, in order to have the IR-channel free
- After upload, wait a random time before trying to send
again. This gives the colleague the possibility to send.
- The upload can be done to a whole series of RCXs.
- Now the worm propagates.